Education: Intro to Blacksmith 1-Day Class
General Course Description
On Saturday Feb. 18th 2023 Knight Foundry will be offering an Introduction to Blacksmithing class, presented by Dennis Tingle, Certified California Blacksmith Association Instructor.
The class will cover safety, blacksmithing terms, tools, proper hammer techniques, fire starting and management. The student will also learn how to hand forge steel into various tapers, shaping steel, using the horn and other areas of the anvil. The finale to the class will be the student completing a simple project to take home.
The class is limited to 12 students. No prior blacksmithing experience required. Cost of class is $50 per student. All proceeds go towards the restoration and preservation of the historic Knight Foundry.
- Registration begins at 8:30 am and due to the breadth and depth of topics to cover, instruction will begin at 9:00 am sharp.
- Wear comfortable closed toed shoes, leather preferred, long pants, cotton shirt, making sure clothing is not too loose and does not include loose strings or cords.
- Bring your favorite pair of work gloves, but all other safety equipment will be provided.
- If you have a favorite hammer or set of tongs, bring them along.
- Water, coffee and donuts will be available. We will be working straight through until 2pm. If you want to bring along a snack or lunch you will have time to take a break at your leisure.
- Please make every effort to arrive on time, as once we get started it may be difficult to catch up (for those traveling from out of town we recommend you consider staying overnight in one of Sutter Creek’s many fine motels or bed & breakfast inns).
For more information, please contact Frank Cunha, call or text 209-304-9192 or email email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you!
Frank Cunha, Director
Knight Foundry Alliance
Saturday, February 18th 2023
Please fill out and submit the following: